- Ret. Peel Regional Police officer charged with fraud
- Auto insurer's secret cameras in sting operation broke law, body shop claims
- Fraud charge for Calgary woman accused of faking cancer
- Investors warned about five Ontario firms in global investigation ‘Operation Cryptosweep'
- Parents, friends of international student defrauded out of over $200K in virtual kidnapping scam
Anne Squires, the owner of Exit Realty on the Rock, elected Thursday to be tried in Newfoundland by judge and jury on charges of theft and fraud.
Squires was charged with theft over $5,000, fraud over $5,000, uttering a forged document and breach of trust, following what police called a “lengthy and thorough investigation into Squires and her business dealings.”
It was alleged that Squires “committed fraud against a trust account…which she had access to through her company.” Police investigators wrote they believed Squires falsified home purchase and sales agreements.
Read more at CBC News