- P.E.I minister to stand trial in Ontario on fraud and theft-related charges
- Travel agent, Leslie Glauser of T&T Travel, pleads guilty to one count of fraud $5,000
- Ex-husband forged documents to hide millions in B.C. divorce case
- Bluewater Power Warns Of Door-To-Door Scam in the Sarnia-Lambton area
- New bill bans scalper bots in Ontario, although the ticket industry warns that fans might be at a disadvantage
Anne Squires, the owner of Exit Realty on the Rock, elected Thursday to be tried in Newfoundland by judge and jury on charges of theft and fraud.
Squires was charged with theft over $5,000, fraud over $5,000, uttering a forged document and breach of trust, following what police called a “lengthy and thorough investigation into Squires and her business dealings.”
It was alleged that Squires “committed fraud against a trust account…which she had access to through her company.” Police investigators wrote they believed Squires falsified home purchase and sales agreements.
Read more at CBC News