- Hamilton officer faces more charges in connection with 2012 investigation
- Winnipeg teens charged after man’s online date ends in car jacking
- Alberta Health Services warns of breast exam phone scam
- Peterborough woman facing charges after incident at grocery store
- Students warned about off-campus housing scams
Anne Squires, the owner of Exit Realty on the Rock, elected Thursday to be tried in Newfoundland by judge and jury on charges of theft and fraud.
Squires was charged with theft over $5,000, fraud over $5,000, uttering a forged document and breach of trust, following what police called a “lengthy and thorough investigation into Squires and her business dealings.”
It was alleged that Squires “committed fraud against a trust account…which she had access to through her company.” Police investigators wrote they believed Squires falsified home purchase and sales agreements.
Read more at CBC News