- Investigative journalist integral to Panama Papers Project, killed in bomb blast
- Waterloo financial advisor led lavish lifestyle, defrauded investors out of 10 million
- Ontario government suing company accused of misappropriating millions allocated towards First Nation community.
- Fraud Victim, Wen Li, Removed From Canada Although A Witness In The Alleged Panasian Global Inc. Fraud
- Orangeville residents fall victim to Canadian Revenue Agency scam.
Anne Squires, the owner of Exit Realty on the Rock, elected Thursday to be tried in Newfoundland by judge and jury on charges of theft and fraud.
Squires was charged with theft over $5,000, fraud over $5,000, uttering a forged document and breach of trust, following what police called a “lengthy and thorough investigation into Squires and her business dealings.”
It was alleged that Squires “committed fraud against a trust account…which she had access to through her company.” Police investigators wrote they believed Squires falsified home purchase and sales agreements.
Read more at CBC News