- Windsor police arrest one of two men from east-end robbery
- Federal inmate Boyd Richards wanted on Canada-wide warrant
- Licence revocation warranted after lawyer, John Abbott, mortgage fraud
- Local investors lose $3.7M, Waterloo man of CJC Investments charged
- Police search for Tinder fraudster targeting Montreal women
Anne Squires, the owner of Exit Realty on the Rock, elected Thursday to be tried in Newfoundland by judge and jury on charges of theft and fraud.
Squires was charged with theft over $5,000, fraud over $5,000, uttering a forged document and breach of trust, following what police called a “lengthy and thorough investigation into Squires and her business dealings.”
It was alleged that Squires “committed fraud against a trust account…which she had access to through her company.” Police investigators wrote they believed Squires falsified home purchase and sales agreements.
Read more at CBC News