- Investigative journalist integral to Panama Papers Project, killed in bomb blast
- Waterloo financial advisor led lavish lifestyle, defrauded investors out of 10 million
- Ontario government suing company accused of misappropriating millions allocated towards First Nation community.
- Fraud Victim, Wen Li, Removed From Canada Although A Witness In The Alleged Panasian Global Inc. Fraud
- Orangeville residents fall victim to Canadian Revenue Agency scam.
Consumer calls to set up a fraud alert increased by 28 per cent in 2016 according to new data. Equifax Canada shared the data in support of Fraud Prevention Month, a public awareness campaign that encourages people to recognize, reject and report fraud.
Data from the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre also suggests that financial fraud continues to grow, costing victims over $108 million in 2016, a 15 per cent increase from the previous year. Identity fraud remains the most prevalent, representing roughly 28 per cent of all fraud victims.
Read more at Market Wired