- P.E.I minister to stand trial in Ontario on fraud and theft-related charges
- Travel agent, Leslie Glauser of T&T Travel, pleads guilty to one count of fraud $5,000
- Ex-husband forged documents to hide millions in B.C. divorce case
- Bluewater Power Warns Of Door-To-Door Scam in the Sarnia-Lambton area
- New bill bans scalper bots in Ontario, although the ticket industry warns that fans might be at a disadvantage
A number of Montreal fans were denied access to an August 9 Coldplay concert after finding themselves victims of a counterfeit ticket scam.
Montreal police say that 17 denied concert-goers have filed complaints about faulty tickets for the performance.
Some fans believe they bought their counterfeit tickets from the same individual, who was charging them upwards of $400 for their tickets.
Police spokesperson Const. Manuel Couture warned concertgoers that “there is no such thing as zero risk” when buying tickets from unofficial parties, and encouraged people to purchase directly from the promoter to ensure the legitimacy of the tickets.
Read more at Gears of Biz