- Police seeking Grindr fraudster accused of stealing thousands of dollars from Metro Vancouver men
- $1M fine doubled after sentence appealed by Winnipeg businessman convicted of fraud, tax evasion
- Sydney Lederman Sentenced to 90 Days Jail for Fraud
- St. Albert businessman sentenced to 7 years for massive Ponzi scheme
- Richard Glen Allison Issued Jail Time for Fraud on Company
A number of Montreal fans were denied access to an August 9 Coldplay concert after finding themselves victims of a counterfeit ticket scam.
Montreal police say that 17 denied concert-goers have filed complaints about faulty tickets for the performance.
Some fans believe they bought their counterfeit tickets from the same individual, who was charging them upwards of $400 for their tickets.
Police spokesperson Const. Manuel Couture warned concertgoers that “there is no such thing as zero risk” when buying tickets from unofficial parties, and encouraged people to purchase directly from the promoter to ensure the legitimacy of the tickets.
Read more at Gears of Biz