- Hamilton officer faces more charges in connection with 2012 investigation
- Winnipeg teens charged after man’s online date ends in car jacking
- Alberta Health Services warns of breast exam phone scam
- Peterborough woman facing charges after incident at grocery store
- Students warned about off-campus housing scams
A number of Montreal fans were denied access to an August 9 Coldplay concert after finding themselves victims of a counterfeit ticket scam.
Montreal police say that 17 denied concert-goers have filed complaints about faulty tickets for the performance.
Some fans believe they bought their counterfeit tickets from the same individual, who was charging them upwards of $400 for their tickets.
Police spokesperson Const. Manuel Couture warned concertgoers that “there is no such thing as zero risk” when buying tickets from unofficial parties, and encouraged people to purchase directly from the promoter to ensure the legitimacy of the tickets.
Read more at Gears of Biz