- Investigative journalist integral to Panama Papers Project, killed in bomb blast
- Waterloo financial advisor led lavish lifestyle, defrauded investors out of 10 million
- Ontario government suing company accused of misappropriating millions allocated towards First Nation community.
- Fraud Victim, Wen Li, Removed From Canada Although A Witness In The Alleged Panasian Global Inc. Fraud
- Orangeville residents fall victim to Canadian Revenue Agency scam.
RCMP in Coquitlam, B.C. are warning people about a new pyramid scheme that may be targeting women.
“One of the ways this scheme is presented is that it’s not illegal and everything is above board, which of course is your first clue that something might be amiss,” said Corporal Michael McLaughlin.
He says a recruiter asks the victim for a $5,000 gift to join and the victim is then expected to recruit eight more people who bring $5,000, so everybody is supposed to make $40,000.
“This is an unusual scam in that it’s very much targeting women who would otherwise be law-abiding, who have jobs and have money,” added McLaughlin.
Read more at Global News