- Windsor police arrest one of two men from east-end robbery
- Federal inmate Boyd Richards wanted on Canada-wide warrant
- Licence revocation warranted after lawyer, John Abbott, mortgage fraud
- Local investors lose $3.7M, Waterloo man of CJC Investments charged
- Police search for Tinder fraudster targeting Montreal women
An Edmonton woman says she was bilked out of $50,000 in cash and $30,000 in gold by an astrologer who told her she was under a black magic curse.
Legal assistant Manpreet Deol, 31, said the money represented her life savings. She had planned to use it to make a down payment on a home.
The Edmonton Police Service is investigating Deol’s claim that she was scammed.
Earlier this week, city police issued a warning about fraud artists posing as astrologists and psychic readers.
Police said in one recent case, an Edmontonian was convinced to pay $100,000 in cash and gold to have black magic removed from their life and to have access to more money.
Read more at CBC News