- P.E.I minister to stand trial in Ontario on fraud and theft-related charges
- Travel agent, Leslie Glauser of T&T Travel, pleads guilty to one count of fraud $5,000
- Ex-husband forged documents to hide millions in B.C. divorce case
- Bluewater Power Warns Of Door-To-Door Scam in the Sarnia-Lambton area
- New bill bans scalper bots in Ontario, although the ticket industry warns that fans might be at a disadvantage
An Edmonton woman says she was bilked out of $50,000 in cash and $30,000 in gold by an astrologer who told her she was under a black magic curse.
Legal assistant Manpreet Deol, 31, said the money represented her life savings. She had planned to use it to make a down payment on a home.
The Edmonton Police Service is investigating Deol’s claim that she was scammed.
Earlier this week, city police issued a warning about fraud artists posing as astrologists and psychic readers.
Police said in one recent case, an Edmontonian was convinced to pay $100,000 in cash and gold to have black magic removed from their life and to have access to more money.
Read more at CBC News