- P.E.I minister to stand trial in Ontario on fraud and theft-related charges
- Travel agent, Leslie Glauser of T&T Travel, pleads guilty to one count of fraud $5,000
- Ex-husband forged documents to hide millions in B.C. divorce case
- Bluewater Power Warns Of Door-To-Door Scam in the Sarnia-Lambton area
- New bill bans scalper bots in Ontario, although the ticket industry warns that fans might be at a disadvantage
The prosecution wants former Calgary lawyer Floyd Campbell to spend 18 to 24 months in jail for his role in a real estate scheme that swindled investors out of millions of dollars.
Campbell stole $225,000 from an investor to help finance a fledgling development in Mexico. The money was supposed to be held in Campbell’s trust account.
He was originally charged with 30 counts of fraud and theft but pleaded guilty to just one count of theft involving the $225,000 from SWA Holdings Inc.
Campbell’s lawyer argued for a conditional sentence that would include house arrest, probation and community service work.
Read more at CBC News