- Investigative journalist integral to Panama Papers Project, killed in bomb blast
- Waterloo financial advisor led lavish lifestyle, defrauded investors out of 10 million
- Ontario government suing company accused of misappropriating millions allocated towards First Nation community.
- Fraud Victim, Wen Li, Removed From Canada Although A Witness In The Alleged Panasian Global Inc. Fraud
- Orangeville residents fall victim to Canadian Revenue Agency scam.
The prosecution wants former Calgary lawyer Floyd Campbell to spend 18 to 24 months in jail for his role in a real estate scheme that swindled investors out of millions of dollars.
Campbell stole $225,000 from an investor to help finance a fledgling development in Mexico. The money was supposed to be held in Campbell’s trust account.
He was originally charged with 30 counts of fraud and theft but pleaded guilty to just one count of theft involving the $225,000 from SWA Holdings Inc.
Campbell’s lawyer argued for a conditional sentence that would include house arrest, probation and community service work.
Read more at CBC News