- Investigative journalist integral to Panama Papers Project, killed in bomb blast
- Waterloo financial advisor led lavish lifestyle, defrauded investors out of 10 million
- Ontario government suing company accused of misappropriating millions allocated towards First Nation community.
- Fraud Victim, Wen Li, Removed From Canada Although A Witness In The Alleged Panasian Global Inc. Fraud
- Orangeville residents fall victim to Canadian Revenue Agency scam.
A former mortgage broker from Hamilton, Ont. who is already facing sexual assault and numerous fraud-related charges is now dealing with two new counts.
Dennis (Dinesh) Khanna was charged with two additional counts of fraud over $5,000 last week. He is also accused of charging a criminal rate of interest.
The new fraud charges come amid an ongoing investigation involving multiple agencies and police services into his business practices.
The Financial Services Tribunal announced in May that it would not reissue Khanna’s mortgage broker licence or renew the license of his company, Metro Financial Planning Ltd.
The tribunal found: “Mr. Khanna forged and falsified documents and registered fraudulent mortgages on title. He has shown a flagrant predisposition for deceit and dishonesty in every aspect of his business. In conducting his business he has preyed upon vulnerable borrowers in financial and personal distress to his own advantage.”
Read more at The Spec