- Hamilton officer faces more charges in connection with 2012 investigation
- Winnipeg teens charged after man’s online date ends in car jacking
- Alberta Health Services warns of breast exam phone scam
- Peterborough woman facing charges after incident at grocery store
- Students warned about off-campus housing scams
A former mortgage broker from Hamilton, Ont. who is already facing sexual assault and numerous fraud-related charges is now dealing with two new counts.
Dennis (Dinesh) Khanna was charged with two additional counts of fraud over $5,000 last week. He is also accused of charging a criminal rate of interest.
The new fraud charges come amid an ongoing investigation involving multiple agencies and police services into his business practices.
The Financial Services Tribunal announced in May that it would not reissue Khanna’s mortgage broker licence or renew the license of his company, Metro Financial Planning Ltd.
The tribunal found: “Mr. Khanna forged and falsified documents and registered fraudulent mortgages on title. He has shown a flagrant predisposition for deceit and dishonesty in every aspect of his business. In conducting his business he has preyed upon vulnerable borrowers in financial and personal distress to his own advantage.”
Read more at The Spec