- Police seeking Grindr fraudster accused of stealing thousands of dollars from Metro Vancouver men
- $1M fine doubled after sentence appealed by Winnipeg businessman convicted of fraud, tax evasion
- Sydney Lederman Sentenced to 90 Days Jail for Fraud
- St. Albert businessman sentenced to 7 years for massive Ponzi scheme
- Richard Glen Allison Issued Jail Time for Fraud on Company
Halton police are seeking the public’s help in identifying a suspect allegedly responsible for scamming multiple HomeSense Department stores throughout Halton and Peel, Ont.
On several occasions last month, police allege a man visited a handful of HomeSense Department stores in Halton and Peel and either stole merchandise or performed a fraud technique known as “a non-receipted refund scam.”
The scam involves an individual coming into a store empty-handed, selecting a piece of merchandise, and then taking it to the store’s customer service department and requesting to return the item for a store credit without a receipt.
The suspect is currently wanted for four counts of theft under $5,000 and three counts of fraud under $5,000.
He is being described as being anywhere from 35 to 45-years-old.
Read more at Inside Halton