- P.E.I minister to stand trial in Ontario on fraud and theft-related charges
- Travel agent, Leslie Glauser of T&T Travel, pleads guilty to one count of fraud $5,000
- Ex-husband forged documents to hide millions in B.C. divorce case
- Bluewater Power Warns Of Door-To-Door Scam in the Sarnia-Lambton area
- New bill bans scalper bots in Ontario, although the ticket industry warns that fans might be at a disadvantage
Toronto police have arrested Hangfeng Zhang in connection with an ongoing investigation into an online airline ticket scam.
Police say that between June 2017 and August 2017, several people purchased tickets through an online agent with Interac e-transfers ranging from $400 to $3,000.
While the victims were able to confirm their bookings on their airlines’ websites after making the purchase, police allege those bookings would later be cancelled because they were booked with a compromised credit card – leading would-be travellers to lose both their money and their flights.
Zhang was arrested on Tuesday and has since been charged with two counts of fraud under $5,000 and two counts of possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000.
Police say the 22-year-old used several aliases, including Jack Chen and Jason Wang. He is scheduled to appear in court on November 9.
Read more at Inside Toronto