- Investigative journalist integral to Panama Papers Project, killed in bomb blast
- Waterloo financial advisor led lavish lifestyle, defrauded investors out of 10 million
- Ontario government suing company accused of misappropriating millions allocated towards First Nation community.
- Fraud Victim, Wen Li, Removed From Canada Although A Witness In The Alleged Panasian Global Inc. Fraud
- Orangeville residents fall victim to Canadian Revenue Agency scam.
Ontario’s securities watchdog approved a settlement on Wednesday with Home Capital Group Inc. and three former executives who failed to tell investors quickly and completely about fraudulent activity by some mortgage brokers associated with the alternative lender.
As a result of the settlement, about $11 million could flow through the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) to shareholders covered by a related class action suit that’s awaiting court approval.
The agreement is conditional on the Ontario Superior Court accepting a settlement worth about $29.5 million including the money available through the OSC process.
Read more at Huffington Post