- Three F-Rated Canadian businesses are targeting American consumers in online sales fraud
- Montrealer discovers her condo is falsely advertised for rent online after couple shows up at her door
- Canadian man convicted of defrauding the U.S military faces sentencing
- Bradford family gets burned by private lending company in fraud investigation
- RCMP need your help to identify Vernon fraud suspect stemming from gas station incident
Ontario’s securities watchdog approved a settlement on Wednesday with Home Capital Group Inc. and three former executives who failed to tell investors quickly and completely about fraudulent activity by some mortgage brokers associated with the alternative lender.
As a result of the settlement, about $11 million could flow through the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) to shareholders covered by a related class action suit that’s awaiting court approval.
The agreement is conditional on the Ontario Superior Court accepting a settlement worth about $29.5 million including the money available through the OSC process.
Read more at Huffington Post