- Ret. Peel Regional Police officer charged with fraud
- Auto insurer's secret cameras in sting operation broke law, body shop claims
- Fraud charge for Calgary woman accused of faking cancer
- Investors warned about five Ontario firms in global investigation ‘Operation Cryptosweep'
- Parents, friends of international student defrauded out of over $200K in virtual kidnapping scam
Halifax Regional Police say three Quebec men are facing several charges after being arrested at a Halifax hotel.
Police were contacted early Monday afternoon by hotel employees who reported a fraud involving a credit card that was used to book a room online.
Officers arrested the trio that night in a hotel room.
The charges against Emmanuel Kwakwah, 32, Allan Lochard, 20, and Lion Vernon, 27, include fraud under $5000, identity theft, identity fraud and conspiracy to commit an offence.
Read the full story over at Halifax Today.