- Investigative journalist integral to Panama Papers Project, killed in bomb blast
- Waterloo financial advisor led lavish lifestyle, defrauded investors out of 10 million
- Ontario government suing company accused of misappropriating millions allocated towards First Nation community.
- Fraud Victim, Wen Li, Removed From Canada Although A Witness In The Alleged Panasian Global Inc. Fraud
- Orangeville residents fall victim to Canadian Revenue Agency scam.
A 45-year-old man has been charged in the theft of 18 memorial plaques taken in July from the Griesbach neighbourhood of Edmonton.
The man was arrested Tuesday and charged with possession of stolen property over $5,000 and fraud under $5,000
The plaques, which honoured some of Canada’s most decorated soldiers and most famous battles, went missing in late July.
Griesbach is the site of a former Canadian Forces base.
The plaques were quickly recovered when a local scrap metal dealer recognized them. They were too damaged to be reused.
Read more at CBC News