- P.E.I minister to stand trial in Ontario on fraud and theft-related charges
- Travel agent, Leslie Glauser of T&T Travel, pleads guilty to one count of fraud $5,000
- Ex-husband forged documents to hide millions in B.C. divorce case
- Bluewater Power Warns Of Door-To-Door Scam in the Sarnia-Lambton area
- New bill bans scalper bots in Ontario, although the ticket industry warns that fans might be at a disadvantage
A Parry Sound man faces 19 fraud charges after a lost credit card was misused.
On October 13, members of the West Parry Sound Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police received a fraud complaint.
Investigation has since revealed that on October 5, the victim left their credit card behind at a local business and the card was picked up by a male. The male then attended numerous businesses and made purchases with the credit card.
Jason Milk, 30 years of age from Parry Sound, was arrested and charged with;
Fraud Under $5000, 19 counts, contrary to section 380(1)(b) of the Criminal Code of Canada (CC)
Possession of Property obtained by crime, contrary to section 354(1)(a) of the CC.
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Parry Sound on November 30, 2017.
Read the full story over at ParrySound.com.