- Hamilton officer faces more charges in connection with 2012 investigation
- Winnipeg teens charged after man’s online date ends in car jacking
- Alberta Health Services warns of breast exam phone scam
- Peterborough woman facing charges after incident at grocery store
- Students warned about off-campus housing scams
A Minesing, Ont. woman faces fraud, theft and forgery charges after a Barrie law firm lost as much as $700,000 dating back to 2010.
The firm had contacted city police six months ago after determining that several bills had not been paid.
A police investigation showed numerous forged cheques and fraudulent bank transactions.
A 67-year-old woman had been employed for more than 40 years as a legal secretary at the firm, police said.
She is charged with fraud and theft over $5,000, forgery and uttering forged documents.
Read more at The Barrie Examiner