- Three F-Rated Canadian businesses are targeting American consumers in online sales fraud
- Montrealer discovers her condo is falsely advertised for rent online after couple shows up at her door
- Canadian man convicted of defrauding the U.S military faces sentencing
- Bradford family gets burned by private lending company in fraud investigation
- RCMP need your help to identify Vernon fraud suspect stemming from gas station incident
A Minesing, Ont. woman faces fraud, theft and forgery charges after a Barrie law firm lost as much as $700,000 dating back to 2010.
The firm had contacted city police six months ago after determining that several bills had not been paid.
A police investigation showed numerous forged cheques and fraudulent bank transactions.
A 67-year-old woman had been employed for more than 40 years as a legal secretary at the firm, police said.
She is charged with fraud and theft over $5,000, forgery and uttering forged documents.
Read more at The Barrie Examiner