- Police seeking Grindr fraudster accused of stealing thousands of dollars from Metro Vancouver men
- $1M fine doubled after sentence appealed by Winnipeg businessman convicted of fraud, tax evasion
- Sydney Lederman Sentenced to 90 Days Jail for Fraud
- St. Albert businessman sentenced to 7 years for massive Ponzi scheme
- Richard Glen Allison Issued Jail Time for Fraud on Company
A Minesing, Ont. woman faces fraud, theft and forgery charges after a Barrie law firm lost as much as $700,000 dating back to 2010.
The firm had contacted city police six months ago after determining that several bills had not been paid.
A police investigation showed numerous forged cheques and fraudulent bank transactions.
A 67-year-old woman had been employed for more than 40 years as a legal secretary at the firm, police said.
She is charged with fraud and theft over $5,000, forgery and uttering forged documents.
Read more at The Barrie Examiner