- Two suspects are wanted in connection with a $11,000 credit card fraud in Vaughan
- Stirling man who pleaded guility to one count of fraud over $5,000 won't face sentencing until May, 2018.
- A Calgary man and self-proclaimed billionaire has been charged with fraud after promising millions to B.C junior hockey team
- SNC Lavalin reaches agreement to repay Quebec municipalities for contracts obtained through fraudulent tactics
- RCMP charged two Brampton residents with defrauding Employment and Social Development Canada/Service Canada
A Minesing, Ont. woman faces fraud, theft and forgery charges after a Barrie law firm lost as much as $700,000 dating back to 2010.
The firm had contacted city police six months ago after determining that several bills had not been paid.
A police investigation showed numerous forged cheques and fraudulent bank transactions.
A 67-year-old woman had been employed for more than 40 years as a legal secretary at the firm, police said.
She is charged with fraud and theft over $5,000, forgery and uttering forged documents.
Read more at The Barrie Examiner