- Windsor police arrest one of two men from east-end robbery
- Federal inmate Boyd Richards wanted on Canada-wide warrant
- Licence revocation warranted after lawyer, John Abbott, mortgage fraud
- Local investors lose $3.7M, Waterloo man of CJC Investments charged
- Police search for Tinder fraudster targeting Montreal women
A Minesing, Ont. woman faces fraud, theft and forgery charges after a Barrie law firm lost as much as $700,000 dating back to 2010.
The firm had contacted city police six months ago after determining that several bills had not been paid.
A police investigation showed numerous forged cheques and fraudulent bank transactions.
A 67-year-old woman had been employed for more than 40 years as a legal secretary at the firm, police said.
She is charged with fraud and theft over $5,000, forgery and uttering forged documents.
Read more at The Barrie Examiner