- Police seeking Grindr fraudster accused of stealing thousands of dollars from Metro Vancouver men
- $1M fine doubled after sentence appealed by Winnipeg businessman convicted of fraud, tax evasion
- Sydney Lederman Sentenced to 90 Days Jail for Fraud
- St. Albert businessman sentenced to 7 years for massive Ponzi scheme
- Richard Glen Allison Issued Jail Time for Fraud on Company
Quebec’s securities regulator has fined a Montreal man $11.2 million and sentenced him to a three-month jail term for fraudulent market manipulation scheme it refers to as a “pump and dump” scheme.
Jean-François Amyot is one of five people and two companies that pleaded guilty to charges laid against them almost three years ago during a trial earlier this year.
They were accused of market manipulation involving five companies whose value L’Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) says was falsely portrayed, tricking people into buying their stocks.
Read more at CBC News Montreal