- Investigative journalist integral to Panama Papers Project, killed in bomb blast
- Waterloo financial advisor led lavish lifestyle, defrauded investors out of 10 million
- Ontario government suing company accused of misappropriating millions allocated towards First Nation community.
- Fraud Victim, Wen Li, Removed From Canada Although A Witness In The Alleged Panasian Global Inc. Fraud
- Orangeville residents fall victim to Canadian Revenue Agency scam.
Quebec’s securities regulator has fined a Montreal man $11.2 million and sentenced him to a three-month jail term for fraudulent market manipulation scheme it refers to as a “pump and dump” scheme.
Jean-François Amyot is one of five people and two companies that pleaded guilty to charges laid against them almost three years ago during a trial earlier this year.
They were accused of market manipulation involving five companies whose value L’Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) says was falsely portrayed, tricking people into buying their stocks.
Read more at CBC News Montreal