- Burlington man charged with defrauding Syrian refugees in Qatar
- $2.6 billion award in Sino-Forest fraud case
- Ontario woman allegedly funnels over $600,000 from her employer to charities
- Fraud charges against Ottawa couple leave investors worried
- Consumer Alert - FCAC reminds consumers of the risks in giving banking information to third-party online services
Two people were arrested on Friday after a Shelburne, Ont. retail store asked police to investigate a case of suspected “return fraud”.
George Karn, 26, of Melancthon, and 31-year-old Kristol Kirkham were arrested and charged with theft under $5,000, fraud under $5,000 and possession of property obtained by crime after the duo returned stolen items for in-store credit. The total value of the items as $66.
Read more at Orangeville