- Burlington man charged with defrauding Syrian refugees in Qatar
- $2.6 billion award in Sino-Forest fraud case
- Ontario woman allegedly funnels over $600,000 from her employer to charities
- Fraud charges against Ottawa couple leave investors worried
- Consumer Alert - FCAC reminds consumers of the risks in giving banking information to third-party online services
A B.C. Supreme Court judge has dismissed a Vancouver developer’s application for a publication ban who’s facing possible extradition to the United States for fraud allegations.
Mark John Chandler, a real estate developer, appeared in court on Friday for a hearing in which the US government seeks his extradition to face allegations he participated in an alleged “fraudulent scheme” involving a Los Angeles highrise condo development.
The US requested Chandler’s extradition in March 2015.
The 54-year-old’s extradition hearing comes at the same time as his most recent Vancouver condo project is entangled in legal disputes.
Read more at Vancouver Sun